Physiotherapy assessment and treatment can be beneficial for a wide range of neurological and neuromuscular conditions, including but not limited to:
Watch Our Video
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Motor neuron disease
- Cerebral Palsy
- Functional neurological disorders
- Guillain-Barré Sydnrome
We’ll contact you as soon as possible.
People with neurological conditions may experience changes to their balance, coordination and overall mobility that impact their daily life and activities. Neurological Physiotherapy is focussed on supporting people to improve their quality of life, movement ability and functional capacity to support their wellbeing.
Early intervention by a Physiotherapist following diagnosis of a neurological condition or injury (such as stroke or brain injury) is strongly recommended. Evidence indicates the earlier the right treatment is received, the more independence and ability someone is likely to achieve or maintain for longer. Early intervention provides the opportunity to identify and mitigate issues before they affect an individual’s function and quality of life, and to potentially slow the progression of conditions which are degenerative.
Treatment of Neurological Conditions
Neurological Physiotherapy treatment and intervention will be tailored to the individual, and their current function, diagnosis and goals, needs and preferences. Treatment may involve:
- Balance & mobility exercises
- Specific treatments for dizziness/vertigo
- Movement based training for learning or relearning specific movements
- Education & advice about symptom management
- Exercises to improve balance coordination and movement ability
- Exercises to enhance body awareness and movement control to try and manage risk of falls and other safety issues
- Fatigue management education and strategies
- Individualised strengthening endurance and fitness sessions
- Managing Spasticity spasms and muscle tension
- Pain management – particularly chronic pain neck pain lower back and shoulder pain
- Management of musculoskeletal conditions and injuries
- Engagement with your multidisciplinary team (eg Occupational Therapist Speech Pathologist)
- Advice support & advocacy to help you access the supports you need
Supporting Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Wellbeing
Treatment is designed to enhance your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. The physical rehabilitation component of treatment supports individuals to regain function and movement in order to be as independent as possible, and to slow the physical progression of degenerative conditions to maintain your physical ability. In addition, exercise and physical activity has been shown to reduce stress and depression, and boost an individual’s overall mood. The wellbeing, self-confidence and improved alertness that comes from regular exercise and maintaining your physical ability is vitally important.
The Physiotherapists at Adaptability Therapy have significant experience treating people with a wide range of neurological conditions. Get in touch with us today to book an appointment to find out how a Physiotherapist can be of benefit to you or a loved one.
Have a question?
Chat with our friendly team today