Karen is an experienced Occupational Therapist with extensive experience working in community-based settings alongside people living with disability and older adults. She has a broad range of clinical experience including:
- Assistive technology prescription
- Seating and wheelchair assessments
- Pressure injury management
- Minor and complex home modifications
- Supported Independent Living (SIL) and Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) assessment
- Manual handling and ergonomic assessment
- Sensory assessment
- Positive behaviour support
- Clinical supervision
Karen has a strong passion for supporting others to reach their potential while maximising their independence, enhancing their participation in meaningful activities and improving their overall quality of life.
Karen has a special interest in working with adults who are living with intellectual disability in combination with other disabilities or illnesses.
Karen has a Bachelor of Health Science (Occupational Therapy) from Charles Sturt University.
Karen is based on the lower Sunshine Coast and is available across the greater Sunshine Coast region, the Sunshine Coast hinterland, and the Moreton Bay region.